Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Slacker

So, last week was Jeffrey's 12 month checkup with the pediatrician. I thought it went pretty well. I took Shane for backup because by this point in time I have literally lost all ability to look the other way when I am holding my kids as they are screaming because the nurse is sticking them with a needle. I. CAN'T. DO. IT. I can't. I did it all by myself all through Harrison's shots, and most of Hazel's, and by the time Hazel was in kindergarten I couldn't do it anymore.

Anyway, it was all for nothing, BECAUSE, they were out! Now, I admit I generally procrastinate on most things that are undesirable, except for shots. When both my kids were starting kindergarten I made sure they got their shots long before school started because I didn't want them to associate school with shots, or going to kindergarten. Apparently I am in the minority on this because they had 4 kids get immunized at the SATURDAY clinic alone, before school started.

And they used up the last set of shots. One of which Jeffrey needed. They  had the other shots, but if we gave him those we had to wait a month before we could get the other one...and because I love having my kids get shots so much, I decided we could wait until they had all the shots he needed.

Now I am thinking I should have just gotten the ones they had and then waited....BECAUSE....we haven't gone back! Every time I think about it, I talk myself out of it, or I think of some excuse. Then, today, we definitely could have gone, and Shane would have even gone with me, BUT I knew he needed to get to bed, and the last thing I wanted to do was go to the doctor's office and wait an hour for the nurse to give Jeffrey shots. I don't like it when I have to wait a super long time, especially when I know I don't have free time to spare. I just felt it in my gut that today would NOT have been a good day to go. So, I went with my gut...and we didn't go.

*sigh*

Maybe Friday...

No comments: