Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Just Stuff

So, I have noticed while looking at my little blog tracker thingy, that probably the most read post I have is the one I wrote about what surgical techs do. I guess there isn't a lot of point blank personal description out there...or something.

Things have been going pretty good. It just seems like I needed a week to come back down from the crazy place we were at when Hazel was sick and we couldn't figure out why. I am so glad we are not there anymore!

And now come all the medical bills. I was talking with Shane about it though, discussing whether we would have done anything different, and really, it all comes back the same. I would much rather pay a bill, and have a healthy little girl with maybe a slightly over protective mother, then to not have a bill, and have my little girl not be here because I wasn't wanting to mistakenly take her to the E.R. or doctor.

I always fall back to what our pediatrician told us one time when I was kind of groaning at having wasted his time...yet again, and he just looked at me and told me point blank, "I would much rather see a child that a parent is worried about and have nothing be wrong, then to have them wait and have something very serious be wrong, and not be able to help them by the time they bring the child in."

So, there you go.

Spring break and Easter weekend were the same for us this year. We did go see a movie with the kids, and that was a lot of fun, and we got almost our entire yard laid with sod. That is just so amazing to me and it looks so good and is so weird to see grass where there have been sticker weeds for the past 7 years. I LOVE it! Anyway, other than that, the weekend was kind of meh for me. Saturday especially so. Then Sunday my brother and his family came over for dinner after church, and that was nice.

I really found myself wishing that spring break was a little longer. I felt like it just flew by, and really, it kind of did. :) I'm glad we got to do one fun thing with our kids though.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I'd love to see your new lawn if you could post some pictures! Glad life is getting better. Will let you know about seeing the movie next weekend as soon as I can.