Yesterday was a big day, and an exciting one. Hazel was baptized. I have to admit, that if we didn't have Jeffrey, I probably would have cried the whole day, realizing that one more big event in our children's lives was past. As it was, we were all happy, and it was a very enjoyable occasion.
There were two little boys that got baptized too, and I kind of felt bad that our family kind of overtakes everything. Oh well. It's not my choice. If I had my choice they would have let us have her own baptism, mainly because of that reason. :) I loved having so many of our siblings and their kids there to celebrate the occasion with us.
Hazel's grandma even made her a special dress to wear afterward. It turned out simply gorgeous. Sewing is definitely NOT one of my talents, but she has two grandmas and an aunt who are quite adept and amazing at it.
Anyway, her grandma took an heirloom sewing class fourteen years ago or so, and when all the baby girls were blessed she made them a blessing dress. When I got pregnant with Jeffrey she really wanted to be able to make a dress, and I told her if it was a boy she could make Hazel a baptism dress instead. She thought that was a wonderful idea, and this is the result of that. :)
Hazel and her grandma that made the dress.
Hazel and Daddy before the baptism.
Hazel at home before we went to the church.
Hazel and Daddy.
Hazel and Mommy and Daddy after the baptism.
It was a very fun day. Hazel admitted that she was a little scared to be baptized because she didn't know how to swim. :) We kept telling her that it wouldn't be a problem and Daddy would not let anything happen to her. Afterward when I talked to her, I told her, "See, there was nothing to be scared about." and she was happy to admit that I was right!
If I hadn't had a cold, it would have been one of the best days ever. Even with a cold, it was one of the best memories I will cherish for my whole life. :)
1 comment:
Looks like it was a great day for you family. It is amazing to see how grown up Hazel looks. You have a great family.
Post a Comment