So, I guess I am beginning to not like the end of March. I used to like it because that was when Hazel was born, but the past two years she has been sick on her birthday! That is just not right!
Yes my friends, she is still sick, still at home. Last week during the whole bowel movement escapade, she developed a cold. A very nasty little beast that is wracking her little body with the most horrendous cough and fever.
Yesterday we went back to the doctor. Thankfully, nothing has developed as a secondary infection...yet. However, if she still has a fever by Friday, she will probably see the doctor again. I am constantly making sure that she is doing okay, breathing okay, and everything. I hope we don't end up having to give her breathing treatments, but if that is what we have to do, then that is what we will do.
This makes her missing school days count: 8
Poor kid. She has missed eight days of school. Missing school is only fun if you feel good. Spring break is next week though, so we will try to teach her some of her homework then, I am thinking. I talked to her teacher again and she told me the main thing that she was concerned about Hazel learning. Rounding in subtraction. Sweet! I actually know how to teach that. : p
Anyway, it has been a long week, well, almost two weeks, for the whole family. I feel bad for Hazel, and I have to keep reminding myself to be patient even when she goes into super-whiny mode. I can handle pretty much everything but whiny. Whiny seems to just grind in my brain and make me go nuts! Still I try to be patient. It seems to work pretty good until I wake up at 2 AM and she won't cooperate. Won't drink anything, won't eat anything, won't take anything...
It has made me gain a new appreciation for parents who have kids that are always ill. What a difficult thing to have to weather through. Hazel will get better and things will be fine again, but for some people it's a daily thing. I admire them greatly!
No comments:
Post a Comment