Tuesday, March 20, 2012
The Best Dog Ever
Thursday is going to be a hard day. I already know this. I am trying really hard to gear myself up for it. I've even told the kids, so they can prepare too. *sigh*
Thursday, Sylvie, the sweetest mini schnauzer on the planet is going to be put to rest. I had never really thought about it before, but it is really weird to call the vet and make an appointment for your pet to be euthanized. To know, that after that appointment you will no longer have a dog.
After I made the appointment I sat there for a minute thinking how weird/sad it was.
I will miss having her around, but having her around makes me more sad right now. She is not the same dog that we had a year ago. She can no longer run and play, she can't see, and you can tell she is just miserable. We feed her more now than we ever have before, and she is skin and bones. She looks like we starve her.
Our kind friend groomed her for us so we could take some final pictures, and it just made me sad to see how skinny she has really gotten.
So, sweet Cricket Silverfox, I am letting you go, so you can run and play once more, and catch all the grasshoppers to your heart's content.
Such a sweet dog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment