Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Snow!

It finally snowed. I think this is maybe the third or fourth time this winter. I have to admit that this is the most bizarre winter I have ever experienced in my life.

Usually the mountains are blanketed in white and down in the valley where we live there is at least a foot of snow, maybe more.

This year...I think the snow plows have been out once. Maybe. They may have been out more to sprinkle salt, sand, and salt water because of ice, but...usually by now the papers are saying that the dept of transportation is over budget because of all the snow removal.

Even then, this storm didn't bring a ton of snow. It blanketed the ground with maybe an inch, and the roads never even got slushy. I can't say that I mind that, but it just makes me wonder what the weather will be like the rest of the year.

Will it rain like crazy until mid-summer like it did last year? Will we have a hot and dry summer with no rain at all? Who knows? It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, because I have lived here my entire life, and the weather just keeps getting more unusual and bizarre the older I get. :)

4 comments:

darcymae said...

we must have gotten more than you guys did then. by the time i took the girls to school this morning, there was prob 2 inches on the ground and the roads were a bit slushy. it snowed more since then but its gotten warmer too so its probably all melted now!

Melissa said...

Yeah, by the time I went outside it was all melted.

Patty B. said...

The bizarre weather is down south here, in Arizona, too. The once easily-predicted weather is a thing of the past, and the surprise-every-week weather is here.

We used to count on every day during the hottest part of the summer about mid afternoon, the clouds would roll in and we'd get a short shower. Then it'd all clear up and be gone till the next day. No longer! I kinda miss that!

juddfam said...

I know! Crazy! It's been runner's paradise, though. I was determined to run outside through the winter, and this weather has made it a piece of cake!