Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving and stuff...

We had a pretty enjoyable Thanksgiving. We spent it with my side of the family this year. Shane's side of the family had a HUMONGOUS family reunion at his aunt and uncles' and I would be lying if I said it wasn't tempting to go, but it was my family's turn, and I didn't think it would be wise to take our 3 month old baby on a super long road trip...and not wise for mommy either.

I know, I'm a wimp, but I've learned that if I go on long (I mean LONG)trips and get NO sleep, I am not an enjoyable person to be around. Add a cranky baby that's thrown out of their routine, and no sleep for them either, and cranky kids, and it equals a very ornery mommy. At least I admit my shortcomings. :)

Anyway, we had a good time. I will be honest though. OF COURSE there was at least one spot during the day where someone got offended and upset and there was some sort of disagreement and it involved bored kids misbehaving. I don't think family gatherings exist where things like this don't happen. If your family is perfect, then you are super lucky!

Still, all in all it was enjoyable to be with family and talk and eat good food. As an added bonus I didn't have to worry about driving 14+ hours to get home!

I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving with my mom and that was pretty fun. I had to convince her to go since her last experience was about 25 years ago and involved crazy people grabbing things out of her hands. I told her that it was because she went to the DOORBUSTER sales, and only crazy people go to those. If you wait and go when normal sane people shop, you don't have to deal with those people because they are all back in bed. So we got there about 9 AM and were able to get some really good deals on things that we wanted.

Jeffrey is growing like crazy! He is already starting to fit into 6-9 month clothes. I know for many people this would be no big deal, but Harrison and Hazel never grew this quickly so it is a new experience for me! We were used to our babies being smaller and growing more slowly but consistently. Jeffrey grows quickly and consistently. I have to keep reminding Shane that this is NORMAL. :) I will have to post some more pictures.

And in other news...the weather today has been NUTS! It has been so windy, and it makes me glad I don't live about 45 minutes to the south because they have had power outages, freeway closed, trees blown down, garage doors blown in, siding blown off...It's at times like this I appreciate my small old house. I figure if it's made it through over 100 years of wind storms, one more isn't going to do much to it.

No comments: