Harrison was very excited to play with the 5th grade orchestra this year. I was excited too. I still am. :)
Last night was their first performance. It was a Christmas concert. They sounded SO GOOD! They only played one song, and they have only played for two months, so all things considered, I was very impressed. The other groups sounded good too.
They had the 8th, 9th, and high school orchestras play songs, as well as percussion ensemble, jazz, and high school bands play.
It has been so long since I have been to a concert that included all these different groups. I thought it was very enjoyable, and they all sounded good.
Jeffrey enjoyed watching the band groups perform a lot. Who knows, maybe he will be in band when he gets older. It certainly wouldn't surprise me. :)
One thing that I found kind of funny though... Harrison's orchestra teacher had told them that she wanted them to wear Christmas colors if they had them in "nice clothes." I of course knew that she meant dressier clothing that you would wear to church. (I've been doing this how many years now?) Harrison was convinced that he would be just fine in his green Webelo's woods t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. Yeah, that didn't fly. I told him she meant church clothes with a tie in Christmas colors. He wasn't sure about that, but I think he was glad I made him change when we got to the concert and everyone else performing was dressed nicely too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment