So, Thursday I had surgery on my umbilical hernia. I guess it went well. ;) When I was preparing for this surgery I just kept thinking that the recovery would be cake compared to the other surgeries that I had had this year.
...
Silly me. :)
I didn't feel too bad the rest of the day, and then Friday was okay, but by Saturday was feeling pretty yucky. I kept second guessing myself and wondering if something was going wrong, or if I was just being paranoid. Then I would look at the incision, and the color started to change and get a brighter pink. It felt warm to me, but again, I wondered if I was just seeing what I wanted to see and feeling anything. The pain was increased too, and I had to take the maximum dose of my pain meds.
Eventually I decided it wasn't worth waiting and guessing. If there was an infection and I needed to go on antibiotics, then the sooner the better. So, I made Shane take me to the hospital. The doctor marked the red area for future reference, and put me on a really strong antibiotic. This morning I woke up at about 4, and decided to only take one pain pill, and it was just fine. That means progress!! The red area looked a little better too, even though that shouldn't really change for a few days.
Still, it is good news right now, and I hope the antibiotic continues to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment