Monday, October 31, 2011

Another day

So, I guess this is for the three or four of you who like to read my blog...or are bored enough to read my blog, or something like that.

Anyway, today is my follow-up appointment with the surgeon who did my hernia surgery. I have another one next week. This one is to make sure that the incision really is starting to look okay.

From my own point of view...the jury is still out. Part of it looks a lot better and the redness isn't as excessive as it was on Saturday, BUT part of it looks redder and worse. So, we'll see what the doctor thinks. I am hoping he'll look at it and tell me that that is perfectly normal and how it is supposed to look. :) I can hope right?

Feeling wise...well, I have been trying to manage the pain with over the counter meds, and that has worked pretty well, so that is a really good sign that things are improving. I still don't feel the greatest, but all things considering, that isn't the biggest surprise to me.

What I am hoping and praying DOES NOT happen is that the doctor looks at the incision and with a really sad look on his face informs me that I will have to have another surgery. I am telling my body that this is NOT an acceptable option so it better start healing correctly PRONTO! :)

I figure if I can still have a goofy outlook on things, then that must say something too...and no, it's not that I have heavy painkillers in my system.

I was going to be awesome mom this morning and take pictures of my kids in their costumes, but I didn't. Harrison is a "monster hunter" this year (think Van Helsing-ish I guess...according to Shane...) and Hazel is a ladybug. Jeffrey was a tiger. Shane is going to take them trick-or-treating tonight, but I'm thinking Jeffrey is going to stay home with me and hand out candy...unless an unexpected depressing outcome happens at my doctor appointment this afternoon. In which case I will be really glad that we went trunk-or-treating with Shane's sister and her family a week ago.

I think you can kind of tell that Halloween is not that big of a deal at our house. The candy is the best part, everything else I could honestly do without. I don't think my kids feel too deprived. They've never complained about having to be the same thing two years in a row, and sometimes they are the ones who have wanted to be the same thing year after year.

I usually don't put face paint on them, because that it such a pain to get off, and really, does anyone really care if the ladybug doesn't have cute mascara dots on her cheeks? or the tiger that doesn't have any whiskers? I can honestly say that Jeffrey really could care less, and has a more interesting time trying to eat the inside of the hood of his tiger costume. :)

3 comments:

Jan J said...

So how did the appointment go? Hope everything will be okay. I know what you mean about the same thing year after year. This year the only thing I bought was face paint. Oh- and a $3 bunny costume for Shiloh at a garage sale. Bekah was a vampire (we already had the black dress & cape), Jess was a witch (Grace's costume a few years ago), the same thing she wore last year, and Grace was an 80's girl wearing a sweater I had from 9th grade. They had a great time- that's all that matters.

Marsha said...

I love that picture of him in the tiger costume. Babies are so funny!

Debra said...

He's way cute! I am glad that you are healing up and able to keep a clean sink...Yeah, Recovery!