Monday, October 24, 2011

Busy

This morning was BUSY! Kind of my own fault, but it didn't make sense to do it any other way.

At 8 AM I had an appointment with the General Surgeon who took out my gallbladder, to talk about having surgery on my umbilical hernia. I will be having surgery on that later this week. The benefits of living in a small city. :)

At 9 AM we had an appointment with our friend that grooms dogs to get Sylvie groomed, which was WAY overdue. I think we gave her a big tip this time because it was SO BAD. Sylvie looks wonderful and cute again. Yay!

We had a little break in between appointments so we went to Wally World and got Harrison's birthday present and some Tylenol for Jeffrey because we knew he would need it later.

Then we went to the hospital to get pre-registered for surgery, since it is just in a few days. I was going to talk to my old manager and collect the stuff out of my locker and turn in my badge, but she was talking to the HR lady, and...well...I just didn't feel like talking to the both of them. Plus they looked busy. At least the HR lady looked like she was having an IN DEPTH conversation with my old manager. So, call me crazy but I didn't feel like interrupting that.

By this time it was time to pick up Sylvie from our friend's house. She looked amazing! Yay, we have our cute schnauzer back!

We went and dropped her off at home, and then went to Jeffrey's doctor appointment...and then we waited...and waited...and waited.......... chirp chirp.......chirp chirp....

They were an hour behind.

I was very hungry.

They let the person who came 30 minutes EARLY for their appointment in first...and this was in front of the two other people besides us that had appointments. This did not leave me feeling sunshiny and happy. Still, I went with the flow.

Jeffrey did great getting his vaccines. I was all ready to go and schedule follow-up visits.

No one was there.

This made me VERY annoyed. Mainly because it was NOT my fault that we had to wait! I guess I should have made the follow-up visits before we went in. I would have if I'd known we'd be waiting that long...of course I also would have gotten lunch and eaten it in their office if I'd known we'd be waiting that long. It took us two hours when all was said and done. We saw the doctor for about 10 minutes.

Shane bought me lunch. I felt much better and I am not as annoyed now. Crazy how low blood sugar can make me so irritable. ; p

Now I need to remember to make follow-up appointments. Remember. Remember. I should probably go and call right now...

1 comment:

Marsha said...

If you are like me at all... go call right now! I always forget stuff like that unless I do it immediately. If you haven't, my comment is your next reminder! :)