I am so tired after this busy day!
It started with an early doctor visit to the doctor who did my gallbladder surgery. I think he must be a morning person. He opens his office at 8 am. My appointment was at 8:30. This was fine, because I had a second doctor appointment at 10:45, 30 minutes away, with Dr. Arrington, so, it coincided perfectly in the driving scheme of things.
Shane came home and was definitely exhausted from working all night. I took one look at him and knew that even though he was willing to go with me to these appointments...it was NOT going to happen. Even if he went he would have been sleepy and not all there. So, I thought about it for two seconds before deciding that I would rather have him sleep well and have time with him in the evening.
He told me he would take care of Jeffrey. So I let him for the first appointment. It went well and I found out how close I came to dying. I had kind of figured this out already from the amount and types of antibiotics they had put me on. My whole gallbladder was full of infection. You know things are bad when they put you on the antibiotics they save to use as a last resort.The nuclear bombs of antibiotics. :) Plus I was on I V antibiotics the whole time I was in the hospital.
When I came home to eat breakfast, Shane asked me if I could hold Jeffrey until I needed to go. I knew that if I left Jeff with him, he wouldn't get any sleep, and I wouldn't get to spend any time with him in the evening.
So, even though he told me to bring Jeffrey back to him before I left, I knew that I wasn't going to. :) I felt really good, and knew that if I was careful, I would be okay.
Well, the trip took about an hour longer than I had anticipated. I'm guessing they had an unplanned emergency surgery that threw them off schedule, because Dr. Arrington was in scrubs, and he only wears scrubs when he does surgery. I felt bad for them because they were behind and I could tell they were running around as quickly as they could.
So, my 10:45 appointment ended up getting over at about 11:50. Still, Jeffrey did pretty good, and slept on the way there and on the way back. Can't complain about that! Physically I was pretty drained. We took a nap and I was glad that Harrison's scout leader called to remind me of scouts today or I would have been late picking the kids up from school.
I am going to sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment