Wednesday, July 27, 2011

More

Well, my days of part-time bed rest are at an end...yes, now I am on most of the time bed rest. :)

This is mainly because if I stand or walk for any extensive amount of time...or even not that extensive really, I start having contractions. Since my goal is to keep this little guy inside of me growing and developing as long as possible so his lungs will be healthy and functional, there are still a few weeks to go before we want him to be born. So bed rest it is.

I have gone to the store a few times, but now I have to use those little electric carts, which make me feel totally stupid, but extremely grateful that they are available. I have to admit they are pretty fun to drive though...

Today was another doctor appointment. One thing that I really like about my doctor, is that he is extremely skilled in scary situations, but he stays calm. His ability to stay calm is good for me, because it helps me stay calm, and since I tend to be a little on the "high strung" side, I need all the calming emotions I can get.

Anyway, I guess on my next appointment we will discuss when the c-section will be scheduled. This is a little weird, because I don't like scheduled c-sections, but considering the circumstances, I know it is necessary. :)

I can't believe it is getting so close! I know I keep writing that, but the wait is almost over!

1 comment:

Kenzie said...

My sister has to have planned c-sections because of her blood pressure. She was hoping to avoid it, but it is inevitable. She was able to keep hers in until her scheduled date. Hope little Jeffrey enjoys his time in there.
Why is it when we can't catch a minute to ourselves all we want to do is lay in bed and do nothing? And then as soon as all we can do is rest we think of a million things we want to do?