Sunday, July 31, 2011

Last Week

This past week was a good one for me emotionally. I celebrated my birthday, which honestly wasn't something I was looking forward to all that much. My expectations were very low.

Shane, in his loving way, decided that would not do, and did his best to make sure that my birthday was a special time this year. I think we celebrated it for about four days. :)

It worked. I felt loved and important. Harrison told me when he gave me his gift, that he picked it out because he knew I would like it, and he wanted to give me something special because he thought I was the best mom ever.

I think he could have just told me that and not given me anything and it would have made my day.

Today I woke up with peace in my heart. Such a feeling of contentment and happiness just enveloped me. It is a feeling that has been absent a lot lately, but as I focus more on gratitude for the blessing I have, the joy I long to feel returns.

Since going to church doesn't seem to be an option today, I decided to watch inspirational church videos on lds.org

I enjoy watching these videos because they remind me of gospel truths, fill my heart,and strengthen my testimony of the gospel. Jeffrey likes them too, apparently, since he has been quite active the whole time. :)

I look forward to the moment when I will finally get to meet this little guy.

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Happy Birthday! Did you see my comment on facebook? I wanna see a pregnant tummy photo of you on your blog!!!

Melissa said...

I will try to get another one on. I put one on back in June in my "Amazing Race" post. :)