For some reason I was thinking this morning about how I really don' follow any trends of fashion.
I think my dressing style would be classified as traditional, or maybe classic. I classify my dressing style as "It's cute, I like it, I'm going to wear it..." :) If it happens to be trendy or in style, it's purely by accident.
If I'm not comfortable wearing it, it doesn't matter if it's in style or not, I can't wear it. If I don't feel like it's "me" same thing.
I was really glad that in my wanting to be pregnant for so many years that I collected maternity clothing that I thought was cute. I would have been in dire straits if I hadn't since I definitely wouldn't have fit into anything I wore when I was pregnant with Harrison, and most of the clothing out there right now...can't say that it's my favorite. Most of it looks really weird to me.
I think I was in high school when I decided that having colored socks that matched what I was wearing was stupid and a waste of time. I transitioned to white and black socks. That's it. Makes matching socks easier and I don't have to sit and rifle through my sock drawer trying to find a matching color.
I have a very difficult time wearing any type of dress or skirt that doesn't at least go to mid-calf. If I ever have a moment of "well maybe" and try to wear something that is even close to my knees, it usually only lasts for a second. I don't know why this is really, since I can wear shorts that go to my knee, no problem.
My disregard for fashion trends may explain why Hazel comes up with some pretty unique clothing combinations. One of her favorites, that I keep trying to talk her out of on occasion, is wearing shorts and knee-high socks in clashing bright colors. Of course, she's cute enough that she can get away with wearing pretty much whatever she wants and people would probably just smile and comment on how adorable she is. :)
And now for my worst fashion faux pas, (I've been saving this one for last...) there are times when I wear socks with my sandals. I know I know....you can all stop gasping now. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment