Thursday, July 14, 2011

Appointment

So yesterday I had my follow-up doctor appointment with Dr. Arrington. He checked the baby via ultrasound and things looked good. My next appointment is in two weeks, unless something crazy happens. Nothing crazy is going to happen though. :)

I talked to him about whether I needed to be on bedrest or not, and I am still basically on modified bedrest.

This means, that I have to know my limits. It's okay if I do a little, but if I get tired I'm supposed to lay down and take it easy. If I am doing things and I start contracting I'm supposed to lay down and relax and see if they stop.

So, basically what I've been doing since the beginning of May and which I like to call "take it easy" bedrest.

I do tend to have to rest more now than before, and my energy level is at about zero, but I think that just goes with being in the third trimester of pregnancy. :)

I also asked him about when the c-section would be, and he told me that he likes to wait until 39 weeks (smart doctor!) unless there is a reason to deliver before then, like say, I go into labor. I don't anticipate that happening though, but it would be interesting if it did. I don't think I have actually gone into real labor with either one of my other kids, so that will be a new experience if it actually happens.

No comments: