Over the 4th of July we went up to Lava Hot Springs. Shane's grandpa has some property up there so we try to go on a little camping trip at least once during the summer.
Well...I can definitely say I have had more relaxing camping trips. :)
I was glad we stayed an extra night because it made the whole camping trip worth it.
We did have an adventure going to watch fireworks though. As my m-i-l put it... one of those experiences you will talk about for the rest of your life but never want to experience again... hehehe.
Shane remembered there was a mountain overlooking Lava and we thought it would be fun to watch the fireworks from there. It really wasn't too bad...minus the road that seemed built for four-wheelers, and the drunk people sharing the mountain peak with us...at least they were still in the "happy drunk" stage. ;)
Oh, and I forgot to mention the kids who were more interested in how many glow sticks they could put together than actually "watching" the fireworks and shrieking and temper tantrums... wait...that kind of describes most of the trip...and no, my kids were actually really well-behaved for the most part.
It was good to come home though. It has taken me a few days to recover from it, an today I have had zero energy, but I can feel Jeffrey move ALL THE TIME which actually makes me really glad because I know he's doing okay.
Just a few weeks and we will have a new baby! Still kind of blows me away. We are all excited though, and I keep hoping for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment