Well, we went and saw the movie X-men First Class. When I saw the previews for this movie I was really excited about it coming out. It looked REALLY good. What I saw...created a conflict of emotions.
So here are my pro's and con's to this movie, and you can decide for yourself what you think.
Pro's:
The acting was really well done. The parts the actors played, were definitely superb. From an acting standpoint, this movie was amazing.
Con's:
This is pretty much what ruined the movie for me, and in many ways, made me wish I hadn't seen it.
There are at least three scenes that involve women dressed in nothing but bras and panties.
One scene takes place in a Las Vegas club in the 60's and all the show girls are only wearing underwear. It bugged me. A lot. Then they each took the guy they were supposed to be with and took them into an enclosed table room.
Another scene took place in a strip club. Granted it didn't show any stripping (thank goodness) but the clothes still made me uncomfortable and wondering why I didn't just walk out.
A third scene, one of the mutants, who really only seemed to wear underwear the entire movie, was involved with a Russian offical's mind, making him think he was having a fling. He was fully clothed, but still. Blech.
There wasn't very much swearing, but the one word that did get used, one time, definitely but a damper on the whole entire show. I'm sure you can imagine what that one word was.
There was a lot of violence, which I expected from the preview, but it was EXTREMELY graphic. Parts of it were very disturbing.
So, in my own opinion...this is not a movie for kids, or even young teens. I don't think I will ever watch it again unless I get a clearplay dvd player. I wish I had done what I normally do, and checked IMDB before I went to it. I could have saved a lot of money.
It was a movie that I left, thinking, why did they add all the yuckiness to that show...it could have been really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment