Monday, June 6, 2011

Wow

Something happened over the weekend...a kind of funny thing. At least I took it as such. I call it, "something you should never say to a pregnant woman..."

You know how there's things that you should never say to someone, especially females? I think some of them are: How old are you? How much do you weigh? Are you pregnant? These are all things that can make you put your foot in your mouth.

Well, the other day I was somewhere, and someone commented to me (word for word here): WOW Melissa you're HUGE! Last time I checked...not something you should say to a pregnant woman...or any person for that matter.

Granted, this particular female is about 5'11 tall and super skinny, so I'm sure when she was pregnant with her kids, her belly didn't get very big...and she's not exactly known for being tactful. I'm barely 5'3 so when I get pregnant there is NO WHERE for the growth to go but OUT. I'm pretty ecstatic that I actually look pregnant. :)

It gave me a good laugh. It made Shane shake his head when I told him about it later.

2 comments:

juddfam said...

Ohhhhhhhh- I HATE that! That happend to me... you've got to know our old bishop (from our Timberlake's ward). But I hadn't seen him for a long time, and I saw him at stake conference when I was about to have Shiloh. He said "Whoa! You're as big as a whale!" Seriously. Thankfully knowing him I could take it with a grain of salt.

Patty B. said...

When in the early stages of "carrying," I always liked it when someone would say I looked big. Even if I wasn't THAT big, it made me feel like I really was moving along the long road of pregnancy.
I think the worst comment was when I was younger (but still in the child-bearing years) and someone asked if I was expecting, because my tummy was just the right size (it was never flat again after the first one). My reply was always, "No, this is the leftovers!"
I think I could do without such questions.