Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Books

So, since I am home a lot more, and technically not supposed to really do anything, I find I have a lot more time to read. Since I LOVE to read, this isn't a big deal. Of course, our library isn't super huge, but it does have an okay selection, and I always seem to find something to check out. I usually end up with a basket full.

The way a book ends is always interesting. You either like the ending or you hate it. Well...I just finished reading a book, and the book was actually pretty good, but the ending...blah! It was a "I'm tired of writing this book so it's going to end HERE" ending.

A cut off. Sometimes these types of endings happen in books that are a series, so you'll read the next book. This book, however, is NOT in a series, and I was left sitting there wondering why I had wasted all that time reading a book with a chopped ending!

Oh well. I guess it just means that it's time to go to the library again. :)

3 comments:

Miss Heather said...

You must share what book you read!

Melissa said...

It's called "The Last Waltz." :)

Miss Heather said...

A few suggestions... join Goodreads.com. It's awesome! You can keep track of the books you've read and the books you want to read. You can get suggestions from your friends, etc. It's fantastic!

Another... I always surf Barnes & Noble's website. I find the book I want to read and I put it on hold at the library. That way I never have to search the library, hoping to find something good. I just run in and pick up my holds. :)

I would suggest books to you but we have very different taste. I did love The Last Castle though... and you would too.