I think I can breathe again now...
Hazel was missing. Walking the dog. Gone.
No idea where she went. She's not old enough to walk the dog alone.
Didn't even know she had come home from her friends house. (Yeah, new rule now...)
Shane went to look for her.
Neighbors were talked to.
It was like she had disappeared into thin air.
Called the police.
They found her within 20 minutes.
She was still walking the dog. They brought her home safe.
The officer told me that in 75% of abduction cases, the child is DEAD within three hours after missing. Don't delay calling the police. Most people don't call until their child has been missing for three hours. We called after an hour. If this EVER happens again (hope it doesn't) we will call sooner.
1 comment:
I am SO glad she's safe! I can't even imagine how scary that would be.
Post a Comment