Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Today

Hazel had her tonsils out today. I had them save them so I could see how big they were. (I know, GROSS, but also intriguing...;) I like to visually see that I'm not crazy and they really needed to be removed.

When the doctor came back to talk to us, he even made the comment that they were larger than he remembered, and DEFINITELY needed to be removed. I would say they were each about the size of a date.

Everything went really well though, so I am glad about that. She has been recovering well too...so far. Hopefully she will be doing just as good or better tomorrow.

She was really nervous in the days preceding today, but last night Shane gave her a blessing and this morning she was almost giddy. She was giggling in her hospital room and blowing bubbles everywhere and one happy camper.

Then she was given some versed, and she became REALLY loopy. I just kept thinking, well, I'm glad she's happy now, because she probably won't be happy later... but she really only had a moment where she wasn't very happy when she first came out of recovery, and the rest of the time she did fantastic.

4 comments:

Patty B. said...

It always made me nervous when our kids would have to go "under" for any kind of surgery. But it always went well.
I'm glad she did well. One less thing to worry over!

juddfam said...

I'm glad she's doing well! ((HUGS)) to sweet Hazel. Hope she's feeling better soon.

darcymae said...

glad things went well! kids having surgery is always stressful!!

Miss Heather said...

I have never had my tonsils out but I have had several students who have... and I hope she's not in a lot of pain. AND I hope she recovers quickly!