Today is the last day of school for the kids. I think they are both really excited. When we took Hazel to have her "tonsil evaluation" a couple of weeks ago, one of the options for surgery dates was May 31st. I knew that if she got her tonsils out then, she would miss the last few days of school.
From an academic standpoint, that wouldn't have been a big deal, since they haven't technically really learned anything since last week, but from a kid standpoint, I knew it would be huge.
So, we asked Hazel. I reminded her it would mean she would miss the last few days of school. She sat there for a minute, and then responded... "But then I would miss all the parties!" She is one smart kid! :)
Anyway, yesterday was my appointment with Dr. Arrington. I think it went well. He told me that as long as my heart rate doesn't stay up high, we should be okay. Since my heart rate went back down to the low hundreds fairly quickly, that was a good thing.
I guess when you are pregnant your body has a higher volume of blood, so it is not unusual for the heart to beat a little faster, but 120's is kind of borderline, and above that, they don't like. At least my doctor doesn't.
The other good thing is my blood pressure is really good, and my legs aren't swelling. Those were the other things he was concerned about. If they weren't good...well, I'm sure I would have been put on bed rest instead of just "taking it easy." :)
He gave me the okay to go on our camping trip...yay! Unless of course something happens, but I think as long as I just keep taking it easy, I will be okay.
I always find it interesting that when you can't take it easy and rest, you always wish you could, but when you are FORCED to do it, it is one of the most difficult things to deal with. I keep looking at my house and all the things that need to be done, and actually have a desire to do, and...I can't.
Oh well! :)
1 comment:
Hazel is smart. Last days of school parties are the BEST! :) And I'm glad you're not on bed rest. Just enjoy your camping trip and take it easy, girl. :)
Post a Comment