Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Here's to Hoping

So, another day has come and gone.

Yesterday I decided to sit and help clean my daughter's room while my son cleaned other areas of the house. Shane helped a ton too. If he hadn't been able to help, nothing would have happened.

Anyway, apparently the stress of getting our kids to do what they are supposed to, is WAY too stressful for me. I went and checked my heart rate and it was 149. YIKES! After which I immediately laid down and drank some more water. After an hour it went down to 104.

So, it will be interesting to see what Dr. Arrington recommends when I go to my next appointment. Hopefully I will still be able to go on our family camping trip, but if not...oh well. I will definitely be disappointed, but I want a healthy baby more. :)

There are a few things that I do that help me stay calm and not get worried about things. Prayer is definitely on there. :) I tend to look at my kids' baby pictures a lot now. It gives me hope that there will be a good outcome to all of this, and it helps me think about what the baby will look like when he is born.

I guess in everything that is going on I forgot to mention the name we have decided on. I don't mind sharing it with people, and one of the things I find most interesting is people's reactions to what you tell them. It is SO obvious when they don't really like the name you have picked out. That's okay though, since it's your baby and not theirs!! :)

So, unless the baby is born and we both feel like this name just isn't "the one" we are going to name him: Jeffrey LaMonte. I know LaMonte is a little more on the unusual side, but it is very much a family name, and it sounds good with Jeffrey, so, that is why we picked it.

My brother asked me if he could call him Jeff, and I told him sure. Jeff, Jeffrey, it's all good. :)

2 comments:

juddfam said...

I LOVE Jeffrey LaMonte! (Jeffery? sp... I don't want to go back and check at the moment). I know what you mean about if people like it or not... When someone says "Oh... well, how about xxxxx? " that's a sign. :)

Miss Heather said...

Take it EASY, Mellie! I like the name Jeffrey... Jeff is a great nickname too. He's going to be perfect and healthy, I just know it! :)