Well, here I am again in the early hours of the morning. I seem to sleep well until I have to use the bathroom, and then something in my brain says, "Stay awake! No sleeping!" Oh well. It's better to be hydrated right?
Anyway, I read the news on a news website since we don't have regular tv. They have comment boards, and occasionally I will read what people write. Most of the time I realize that you are going to get both sides of the extreme opinions out there, and occasionally I have been surprised at how nice people have been to each other.
Well, there was a story on there today, that I thought was interesting. The comments, I found...sad. They made me sad. The story was from people who survived the tornado in Missouri in a church, and they all commented how they had felt "hands protecting them." To me, that is inspirational. To have that much faith and to feel peace in a time of calamity.
Every single comment except one was almost venomous in their disgust of the victims reactions to this experience. One even commented that he found it "insulting" because of the 100+ other people that died in the tornado.
I feel like we have come to a point in our world that we have to criticize and tear down anything positive. From a tragic event where there is one spot of happiness, people have to be mean. Why? I'm sure these people that survived, are just so grateful. To not be injured, to be able to walk out and go home and be with their families. And at the same time, I KNOW that they also have to be wondering the same thing EVERY OTHER survivor is wondering... why me, why did I survive and those other people die?
If they turn to their faith and religion to find answers to that, I think that is great. It shows me how much faith and trust they have in God.
I am sure that there are people who if I told them, that a daily miracle takes place in my life, would think I am nuts. That's fine for them, but it brings me hope and peace. This pregnancy in and of itself is a miracle.
The fact that I am staying pregnant...a miracle. Even when I find things out that should be making me have an anxiety attack, I am able to feel peace and comfort. If you had any idea how nervous I can get about things, you would KNOW that the ONLY reason I am able to be at peace and comforted is because of a higher power beyond myself, and I acknowledge that respectfully and gratefully. And yes, it is a miracle. :)
We all experience little miracles every day if we look for them. Those people in Missouri that survived...they experienced a miracle too, and I think the real tragedy here is the people that can't see that.
1 comment:
I have a hard time, too, understanding why people are so mean and can't see the Lord in their lives. I guess I think they HAVE to have some kind of soft feelings inside, but maybe they've become "past feeling."
Your miracle everyday reflection reminds me of Pres. Eyring's challenge (a few years ago) to find the Lord's hand in your life each day. It's there, we just need to see it. Maybe that's what's missing in today's society. They've pushed God aside for their own reasoning.
In the Book of Mormon, it says that when this country turns its back on the Lord, it's ripe for destruction. I think we're there!
(thanks for commenting on my blog - it's always great to hear from you!)
Post a Comment