Friday, May 20, 2011

Sewing

So, I am trying out my sewing skills... they really aren't all that spectacular, but I got some flannel from one of the sisters that I visit teach. (A really sweet lady that is 92). If I am that healthy at 92 I will consider myself in good condition.

Anyway, it motivated me to use a piece of flannel for the backing that I already had, and just hadn't gotten around to using. So, I made it into a receiving blanket. It doesn't look too terrible. :)

Then, in a real spark of creativity I looked up a tutorial on how to make a car seat canopy (or cover, whatever...) and decided it didn't look too difficult, so we went to the fabric store and bought fabric and I am actually working on it. I guess my brain needs something to keep it busy since I can't do much right now anyway.

So, hopefully the end product will look cute and will actually turn out. I still need to get some flannel to make a flannel one. I guess I will have to stoop to getting it at Wal-Mart since their flannel is cute, and for some reason I can find oodles of flannel when I DON'T need it, but now that I do, the selection is quite dismal at the other stores.

I think Shane is just happy that I am actually using the sewing machine that I had him buy me for Christmas a couple years ago since it was a steal of a deal Bernina, and that is the kind of machine I have wanted for a long time.

It's just a little Bernette, but since I don't sew a gazillion things, it is perfect for what I need.

It was a lot of fun when I was making the little blanket because Hazel wanted to watch and help me with it all. I loved it. It was a good moment. Hazel is at that age where she wants to help and actually does a pretty good job at it.

No comments: