Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ultrasound 2

Well, a few interesting things. I noticed that my baby counter is under 100 days now....SWEET!!!

Today was my second ultrasound. They were still unable to see the left kidney on the baby. So, it most likely isn't there...but if it is, it is in a different spot than it normally would be.

Even though it was a different perinatologist he basically said the same thing as the other one, and that it is something that should be kept up on, especially after the baby is born. I talked to him for a few minutes about it though, and it seems that health-wise, things won't really be that different, but the baby may be more prone to UTI's than other people.

Really, it seemed like it was important to keep tabs on just from a medical standpoint for future reference. This made sense to me because there are a lot of incisions and things done in surgery, based on anatomical location of things. So, if there IS a kidney and the ureter and kidney are in an unusual location, that would be important to know if he ever had to have a surgery on something in that area of the body.

So, it was recommended again that I have another ultrasound in 4 weeks. I guess that means that I am being monitered by a perinatologist and being taken care of by an OB/GYN. I talked to the perinatologist about that too.

He strongly encouraged me to have a glucose screening done ASAP, which is usually done at about 28 weeks. My appointment with Dr. Arrington is next week though, so they will probably do it then. I guess I have a higher than normal amount of amniotic fluid, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I guess it is an indicator that I might be gestationally diabetic. So, we'll see what happens with that! Hopefully I am just borderline like I was with Hazel, and I just have to be more diligent in not eating sweets.

Everything else still looked good though, so, I am glad about that. :)

No comments: