Well, it has definitely been an interesting spring here. I thought last week that "maybe" I would be able to finally turn the furnace off. I think that lasted about a day and then another cold front moved in. :)
On the plus side, I think this is the first time ever that my daffodils bloomed for more than just a few days. They were bright and beautiful for a couple of weeks! My irises have finally started to start, but it will be a while yet before they bloom.
I asked Shane when it would be time for him to start working with the beehives we have up at his parents, and he told me the weather was still too cold and wet...which I had kind of already thought of, but I was just curious to see if I was right.
It started out sunny this morning, but then a bank of dark clouds came over the mountain. I didn't feel so bad about letting Hazel wear her lined jeans to school that she loves to wear when it is cold. When I bought them I wondered if she would get any use out of them, and she definitely has. It was a smart purchase!
We are supposed to go to a family reunion in June, and I hope it warms up a little before then. If not, I am sure we will still have fun, and we have a trailer with a heater that works! So, no worries there. :)
I am enjoying my time off. Well, it has been nice to be able to take it easy anyway. I have to keep thinking of things I can do so I don't get bored and go nutty. It has been good because our laundry is finally getting caught up, even though Shane has to carry the laundry hampers up and down the stairs for me.
It has also given me plenty of time to work on the afghan I am making for the baby. If I get really gung ho I may even take pictures of it and put them on here so you can see what it looks like.
No comments:
Post a Comment