So, yesterday we went to a bunch of yard sales. Normally this would not be the first time we have done it in the year, but this spring has been especially wet and cold...and yesterday was no different. It was SNOWING.
Granted, where we live it was just tiny flakes and there weren't many of them but the fact I was bundled up in my heavy winter coat with gloves on...well...usually by now I don't have the furnace turned on in our house, and the windows are usually open to let in cooler air. I think we've opened the windows twice...maybe...and only for short intervals.
I don't care what anybody says, this is not "normal" for where we live. Usually the freak snow storms stop by the end of March. On a rare occasion we have had one at the beginning of June, but not as frequently as we have had them this year. I don't think it would surprise me at all if we got a freak snow storm in June this year.
Anyway, so we went to some yard sales. I was HOPING to find some clothes for Hazel, but the one yard sale that was supposed to have clothes her size decided to cancel because of the weather. Well, apparently everyone is desperate for some warmer weather because there were TONS of people scoping out the yard sales. Those people missed out on a lot of shoppers! :)
We didn't really find anything at the other yard sales we went to. There was one yard sale that had some amazingly nice stuff at good prices, but they were still out of our price range. I'm talking, a nice two door fridge with wood paneling that could only have been a few years old, and they were selling it for $300. That is a KILLER deal! But, not in our budget. They also had a TV armoire and a computer armoire both for $85 and they were BOTH made out of solid wood.
Other than that there wasn't really anything to get excited about.
Later in the afternoon Shane and I went to a family "adults only" dinner. Basically our birthday dinner I guess, and that was nice. We got to talk to most of my siblings and catch up on what is going on in their lives. :)
Then OF COURSE we had to go to the local DI (thrift store) and that is where we found A LOT of things. Sometimes you go to the DI and there isn't anything much, but we had good luck last night! I found a crib set that looked really nice and it was the whole set, and it was blue, and it was cute! So, we spent $10 on a crib set instead of $124 for the other one that I liked online. ;)
All in all an enjoyable day.
No comments:
Post a Comment