Friday, April 8, 2011

The Verdict

So, we went to my doctor appointment Wednesday and Dr. Arrington was very nice and agreed to do an ultrasound to see if he could tell whether we were having a boy or a girl.

It seems pretty apparent by the picture that it is a boy. I suppose there is a slim chance it really is a girl, but...it's pretty obvious. Our big diagnostic ultrasound is in a few weeks so we will know for sure then, but I told Dr. Arrington that if he happened to be wrong (but I really don't think he is) then I could just tease him about it until the baby is born. ;)

Hazel was there with us, and I am glad that whenever we talked about the baby we made sure to remind her that it could be a boy. She really wanted a baby sister, but I think she handled it really well. I think she was kind of in awe of the whole ultrasound experience too. She hasn't ever seen a live ultrasound before, and I'm sure it was a lot to take in.

Harrison is very excited that he is going to have a little brother. I think out of all of us, he hoped it was a boy the most. :)

Shane is happy that so far the baby appears to be growing and healthy, but he really was hoping for a girl. :) I think the idea of having another son has grown on him though, and he isn't in as much shock as the day that we found out.

We have been trying to decide what we should name the baby now. We had a girl's name picked out. It's one we've had picked for a LONG time, but since it is a boy, we kind of had to switch gears. There is one name that we are kind of leaning toward more than others, but it is still too soon to say what we will actually end up naming the baby.

I think part of me is still in a state of wonder that I am actually pregnant, and the pregnancy is progressing the way it's supposed to. Each week that I stay pregnant, I consider a good week.

At this point the pregnancy has progressed past both of the miscarriages that I experienced, but there is still that little niggling of doubt. That wondering if this time will be the time when we end up with a baby. I try not to focus on it too much, and just keep focusing on the positive things, and that seems to help.

5 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Hooray for boys!!! When I was pregnant with our fourth son, I was hoping and hoping for a girl, because I knew it was our last child. When I got the ultrasound and discovered it was a boy, I cried the whole 2 1/2 hour drive home. I was alone and I mourned the loss of a daughter I always wanted. But now I can't imagine what life would even be like with a girl--four boys are all I know! I'm so happy for you, because regardless of the gender, it's glorious to create and have the opportunity to conceive and bring a child into this world!

Marsha said...

Congratulations! Boys are awesome. I keep praying that everything will go well for you.

Patty B. said...

That is sooooo exciting! Can't say enough about it! Yippee!

DaNise said...

Congratulations! With some space between Harrison and his little brother maybe you will get a little less little boy mischief. I am afraid my boys will be partners in crime.

Jess'n'John said...

:-) I think I already commented on fb, but Congrats! :-)