Well, it has been awhile since I last posted. Things have just been the same. Nothing different has really happened...unless you include the rain, rain, rain, that makes me feel like I live in Seattle. :)
I go for my big diagnostic ultrasound tomorrow. That is pretty exciting. It always amazes me how things in the medical world change so rapidly. For example, and this may sound silly, but when I was pregnant with Harrison and you got an ultrasound...only one unless there were extreme complications, you always had to drink a lot of fluid before the ultrasound. Now, you don't. I think it depends on the type of machine that they use, but I specifically asked, and I was told that I didn't need to. WOW. (I know, kind of silly...)
It is also interesting to note other things that have changed since I was pregnant with Harrison. Granted, this is 10-11 years ago, but still...
Car seats have expiration dates on them. They all have five-point harnesses. When Harrison was an infant, most of them were three-point harnesses.
You have to be careful to buy phb free plastic bottles. Glass bottles are recommended.
They have cool covers for car seats so you don't have to put blankets on your baby in the winter.
You can only take Tylenol for pain. When I was pregnant with Harrison they used to tell you that you could take ibuprofen until your 3rd trimester. I know why they don't recommend it at all now, but still...interesting.
Those are just a few examples. There are MANY more!
Work has still been keeping me busy. I was hoping I would be able to start PRN in May, but that isn't going to happen. I will be working part-time in May. I will still be taking call every other week, and I have one more weekend of call. Man! I was hoping I was done with the weekend call!! :)
Now I really am looking quite pregnant. I would take a picture, but our camera has disappeared. Once we find it though, I will have Shane take a picture so I can post it on here.
So, see, in this case, no news is good news. :) I keep looking at my blog trying to decide what to write, and nothing is really happening or all that exciting right now. I realize though, that sometimes the normal, everyday stuff is just as nice to read about.
1 comment:
lots of plastic bottle are now phb free...just an fyi.
i've never had to drink water for an ultrasound while i was pregnant (even my first one 10 years ago) and i know some people still do so you must be right...its more about the machine than improving technology.
Post a Comment