Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Things

Well, it has been a busy time for us I guess. :) Last week was Hazel's birthday. She turned 7 years old! Crazy! The sad thing was that she was very sick on her birthday. She started getting sick the week before, and I took her to the doctor to make sure she didn't have strep throat. She tested negative for that, but the doctor really felt like she had influenza b. So, we kept her home from school, and let her rest and hoped she would feel better after the weekend.

All throughout this time, she had a weird cough. That's the only way I can describe it. It wasn't like the coughs that my kids normally get, and it didn't sound like croup. It wasn't consistent and she wasn't coughing all the time. Still, it did worry me and I kept an eye on her.

On her birthday, she seemed to be even worse. She was nearing the time where she should have been feeling better and perking up, and her breathing was starting to concern me so we took her into the doctor again. All day she had been curled up in a ball on the couch, but right after I made the appointment she perked right up and started running around the house! I began to wonder if I had made the appointment in vain, but kept it anyway.

When we got to the doctor's office she was playing with all the books, drawing pictures, and not acting sick at all. What was I thinking? Well, I was glad I stuck with my intuition, because when the doctor examined her, he told us he thought she had walking pneumonia. It explained why she had the weird burst of energy, and also the cough.

So, she got put on antibiotics and stayed home from school for the rest of the week.

By the weekend she was feeling so much better and had fun playing with her cousins when we went to visit grandma's for conference. She has been doing so well this week too. I am so glad that she is on the mend! Hopefully it continues!

Tomorrow I have another prenatal doctor appointment, so we will see if I can convince him to do an ultrasound and tell us whether we are having a boy or a girl! :) I will be 19 weeks along on Friday. The time has seemed to go by slowly and quickly at the same time.

1 comment:

darcymae said...

wow! 19 weeks already!! that seems fast to me.

is getting to 19 weeks any kind of a milestone for you? it seemed a little easier when i got past the point that i had my loss. not a lot but a little.