I had a doctor appointment yesterday. I was glad that I did for two reasons. The first of course, because it is always good to have a checkup to see how the baby is doing, and the second, because I developed a nasty cold with a fever over the past few days, and I've had some migraines the past couple weeks, so it was good to talk to the doctor about that and know what was "okay" to take and things...
Anyway, since the ultrasound was kind of fuzzy last time, they did another one today, and we saw the baby MOVE! It was so neat and just made me smile. Shane went with me and I looked over at him and he had the cutest happiest look on his face. :)
So, we are sticking with the Sept. 1st due date, and I am almost 15 weeks along. I keep forgetting, and so I started writing it down so I wouldn't forget anymore. (The "how many weeks" thing, because people keep asking me.)
After the ultrasound Dr. Arrington (who is one of the happiest doctors I've ever been to), said to us, "Did I tell you how HAPPY I am that you were able to get pregnant?"
I guess after my surgery he really had his doubts as to whether we would be able to have any more kids (which I already knew), just because of the level of endometriosis that I have. The thing I like about him is that he is able to tell you bad news without making you feel like there is no hope. I remember when he talked to me about the surgery and I didn't feel bad, I was just content with an explanation, and didn't really have any expectations beyond that.
So, this is definitely a miracle baby, and so far it wants to stay here and be with us! Hopefully it will continue. Hazel is SO excited about the baby. She posts every ultrasound picture I get on the fridge and then both the kids usually ask, "do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?"
Not that I'm not already excited, but to have the rest of my family so excited just makes me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment