Friday, March 18, 2011

A New Thing

So, for a while now I have wanted to share with our kids something that Shane and I both enjoy...going to live theatre plays. Before, I felt like they were a little young, and I hate going to things only to have to walk out in the middle because my child is misbehaving or needs to use the bathroom or etc...

They have been to movies since they were both little, and just in the past while I have wondered if we should start taking them to plays. I thought about it when the local high school put on Phantom of the Opera, but felt like that play was a little too intense for my kids. I also wanted to take them to a play that they would really enjoy seeing so they would want to see more plays!

So, this weekend we are FINALLY going to take them to a play. Peter Pan! My nephew's high school is putting on Peter Pan and he is acting in it. They are doing a special kid activity two hours before the play, that we also thought sounded fun, so hopefully it will be a good experience!
I will let you know what happens. :)

1 comment:

Patty B. said...

That's great that you took the kids to a play....I'm anxious to hear how it went. What a good experience it is to see a "live" performance!