So, yesterday we went to my "official" first prenatal visit. I was a little apprehensive going, just because I felt like the flashback queen remembering what happened the last time I was at this point in my pregnancy...and that one didn't turn out so well.
Shane went with me, which I was glad about, and everything went fine. I didn't have to have bloodwork drawn, because they did that last time, and we had another ultrasound, but the pictures were more blurry than normal because the sonography machine was being tempermental. Hehehe...
Still, we could see enough to see that the baby had indeed grown, was growing, there was a good strong heartbeat, and as the doctor moved the wand over my stomach I could see bright spots where you could tell cartilage was starting to form. I thought that was pretty cool.
The doctor tenatively put my due date as September 1st, and I am about 9 weeks and 4 days along now.
The kids were both excited to see the ultrasound picture when we got home, and I showed them the corresponding "real life" picture of what the baby probably looks like from our little magazine that we have, to which Hazel usually tells us... "The baby looks like a dinosaur!"
So now you know. I'm not growing a baby, I'm growing a t-rex. Who knew? ;)
One thing that has definitely been different this time around is that our kids are old enough to know what is going on...for the most part. It's fun to hear their perspective on things.
As for me, I think I will be like my friend who said she wasn't relieved until she was holding a live baby in her arms. We aren't out of the woods yet, and I keep hoping that the end result will be a good one. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers more than you know.
2 comments:
I am so glad that you had a good appointment. Keep us posted!
I realize you're being cautious, but inside, I'm jumping up and down in excitement for you!
I know you have to take it one day at a time!
Post a Comment