Friday, February 4, 2011

Thoughts

So, a few weeks ago I started spotting. Did this start the stint of me writing non-pregnancy posts? Maybe. Did it stress me out? Definitely. I went to my doctor the next day and he did an ultrasound. I am glad that I did. There was a little tadpole and a beating dot where the heart is. That was encouraging.

As soon as I started spotting I started taking Prometrium (Progesterone pills) to help my body sustain the pregnancy and not abort it. When I went to my doctor I told him that I had started taking them and asked if that was an okay thing to do, and he thought it was a good idea for me to be taking them. So, that was good.

Anytime there is any blood in a pregnancy after you have miscarried, you become paranoid about EVERYTHING. At least I do. Someone I work with wondered why I was so concerned since they had spotted with every pregnancy they had, and yes, spotting is not a completely abnormal thing...but it can also indicate the start of a miscarriage.

During my last pregnancy, when I found out things weren't going the way they should, I mentally started freaking out. I wanted to know EVERYTHING that was going on, that instant. I wanted bloodwork drawn, just to be sure, and I was very scared and sad and agonized.

This pregnancy, when I started spotting, I was calm. Inside, part of me thought, well, you knew it was probably too good to be true. And then, the more patient and spiritual part just calmly thought, well, if this baby is meant to join our family here, then it will. Of course outside I was laying on the bed curled up in a ball crying my eyes out.

So, as far as I know the baby is still doing well. I have an appointment Monday to do my "first" visit where they will do another ultrasound and all the other fun things that go on at the first visit. Ha.ha.ha. ;) I was initially scheduled to have my first appointment the Monday after I started spotting, but my doctor wanted to give the baby a few more weeks to grow.

So, good or bad, I will let you know what I find out! Of course I'm hoping for good, I mean, that kinda goes without saying. :)

3 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I'm glad you went to the doctor. I'm sure everything will work out for the best. I love you!

darcymae said...

i think only those people that have had losses or difficult pregnancies can know just how stressful pregnancy can be!! i was an absolute wreck this last time around. i worried about EVERYTHING!! i tried really hard to just relax and enjoy the pregnancy but that is easier said than done. it was the BIGGEST sigh of relief when they finally pulled that screaming baby out of me!! it made all the worrying worth it! i hope that day comes for you this time around!!

Marsha said...

Oh Melissa! How scary! I will keep praying for you and will anxiously be waiting for your next baby post. All our love and best wishes!