Monday, February 21, 2011

Funny Kids

I have been a major slacker in the blogging department lately, but work has been INSANE! By the time I get home all I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep, but there is laundry to do and dinner to make...

We did really good last week though. One of our goals was to be better at not eating out all the time. Shane doesn't really like to cook all that much, and when I am exhausted, a lot of times it just seems easier to pick something up. Last week though, I was really good and made dinner every night until Thursday. That is good for us! This week, I will try to be even better.

So, since today is President's Day, the kids don't have school, and ironically enough, it was one of the days that the O.R. was closed. (I don't know why they pick President's Day really, but there you go...)

Shane really wanted to take the kids on a fun little mini trip to Salt Lake, and thought it would be a fun experience to go on the Front Runner and ride the train there. (We didn't tell the kids, because we like to surprise them...)

Well, last night we let the kids stay up later than their normal bedtime. We also let them sleep on the couches in the basement family room, which they think is a real treat. Shane left for work, and I walked around the house to make sure all the outside doors were shut tight, lights off, etc, and I noticed the light downstairs was still on so I told the kids to turn it off and go to sleep.

At 4 AM I had to make the typical bathroom run and noticed a weird glow and knew that someone had either left the tv on or was still awake downstairs. They were BOTH up still watching a movie!! So, I told them to turn it off and go to their beds. Harrison tried the "But Dad said we could sleep on the couches..." and I informed him that when you are still up at 4 AM watching movies after being told to sleep, that you lost that privelage. So they went to bed.

I have no idea how much sleep they got, but I knew that the train trip to Salt Lake was NOT going to happen! I called Shane at work and he wholeheartedly agreed with me. When he got home he also told the kids what they missed out on by not following the rules (doing what Mom and Dad say when they say it...) and staying up much later than any 10 yr old and 6 yr old ever should.

Silly kids! :)

No comments: