Friday, January 14, 2011

The Silver Lining

Well, we took Harrison to his appointment with the psychiatrist today. It was quicker and shorter than any of us anticipated, but we were very perpared, so there wasn't a whole lot that we needed to go over, for the psychiatrist to decide whether Harrison needed any medication or not.

1st we'll go over the good news, because that's what I feel like writing about. ;)
He didn't think Harrison was bipolar, which is fantastic news. The doctor we went to specializes in treating people with bipolar, so I feel pretty good about him telling us that he didn't think Harrison had signs of that.

Instead, he felt like we needed to treat Harrison for his nightmares/bedwetting (fine), and his ADHD. So, we are supposed to try him on two medications for that. One for the nighttime stuff, and one for the ADHD. My nephew is on the same med for ADHD, and I know it has worked really well for him, so we will see what happens.

We are supposed to go and see him again in a month.

Harrison is also going to be tested to see if he needs to be in any special programs at school. Namely, whether he needs to be in any programs to help with his social problems, interaction, outbursts in class, etc...

So, that should be interesting.

According to Shane (and I have to agree with him) I am much grumpier now that I am pregnant. This pregnancy everything seems to be showing up sooner. My belly is already big, I'm already ornery, I have extreme heartburn and nausea, and just in case you wonder, while these things are not pleasant, I know the end result will be worth it, so I am trying to enjoy it! Well, as much as you can enjoy feeling like you're going to lose your lunch all day. ;) It is just a reminder to me that things are progressing the way that they should. That there are oodles of the right hormones floating around in my body to keep the pregnancy viable and moving along. All good things!

My first doctor visit is in one more week. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! It will be interesting to see what they say.

3 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! What terrific news!!! I'm so happy for you!
When I was pregnant with the twins, I gained a lot of weight super fast and felt like my hormones were out of control from the beginning and my initial two pregnancy tests were negative. After I got a blood test proving that I was actually pregnant, I scheduled an appointment with my OB. After discussing all of this with my OB doctor at my first appointment with him, he did an internal ultrasound and it revealed why: because I was pregnant with twins!!! Perhaps this could be your reason as well?! How fun would that be!!! Good luck at your Dr. appointment!

Miss Heather said...

I'm so glad you're Harrison's mom.... he needs an awesome mom to help him... you are fantastic. And again, YAY for the new baby coming!!!!! :)

DaNise said...

Congrats and good luck with the pregnancy. Good luck with Harrison too. He is lucky to have you and Shane that will help and support him.