I think my house follows entropy REALLY well. I know I'm using the term loosely, but it makes me amused rather than annoyed that my house seems to get messy SO EASILY! "One of the ideas involved in the concept of entropy is that nature tends from order to disorder in isolated systems."
I always remember this picture from one of my high school science books introducing the concept of entropy. The page had two pictures of a bedroom. One was neat and clean, and the other was MESSY. (I know, I am such a nerd!)
Shane always tells me that "cleaning the house while children are growing, is like shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing."
We have been doing better lately though. So, there is progress being made. I don't want my kids to feel like they can't have fun, or play with their toys, but I want them to PUT AWAY their toys after. I know, it's a hard concept that may never happen, but I can try. ;)
One of our goals this year has been to get the office clean and organized. This means we will be getting rid of a lot of junk since the office seems to be the junk area where things get thrown when no one knows where to put them away or what to do with them. Well, NO MORE!
With a little one on the way, it will now be an office/nursery, since it is on the same floor as our bedroom. Unless some kind of miracle occurs and we move into a larger house... (I don't see that happening any time soon.)
No comments:
Post a Comment