Wow, what a year! What a crazy year, rolled into busy nights, weeks, months, and now it is all new.
I have been debating in my mind when and where to share this tidbit of news that I have, but I decided since everyone at work knows, I could share it on here as well. Might as well, the cat is out of the bag!
I FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY am pregnant! Do you have any idea what a shock it was to take a pregnancy test and actually SEE two lines? I kept wondering if I was hallucinating. Usually I sit there and stare at it, trying to will the test line into turning pink, and this time, it was already there!
After I shared this news with Shane (which, you know, was about 30 seconds after the test turned positive) I was still in shock. I was happy, but almost couldn't believe it was real.
Later, Shane asked me how I was feeling, and I told him I was still a little numb. It's this experience you want to have happen for so long, and then when it actually does, you just sit there and think, wow, really? Is it really true? Shane is excited but reserved. Last time this happened I miscarried at 11 weeks. So, we are hoping (obviously) that that doesn't happen this time around.
I had to tell my manager at work because there are certain surgeries that involve things that you shouldn't be around when you are pregnant. So, there you go. :)
The due date is approximately Sept 2, 2011. This means that the baby will probably be born some time in the last two weeks of August.
Can I just say...my heart is very full right now. Very full.
4 comments:
Oh Melissa! I am so, so, so, so excited and happy for you. I understand your hesitancy because of the chance of miscarriage (having been there myself), but please enjoy every moment while it lasts, and hopefully it will last an entire 9 months!!! What wonderful news! I am doing a little happy dance for you right now. WONDERFUL!
i am SO happy for you and will be praying for a cute, chubby little september baby for you!! and YES, i know what it is like to see that little pink line when you dont think its possible. the best thing EVER!! congrats again!!
oh, and i forgot to mention that i also know about wanting to reserve your happiness just in case something goes wrong. but i've found that isnt possible. no preparing can make you any less devastated if things dont turn out as planned. so you might as well throw your whole heart into this and be happy!! thats my opinion anyway.
OH MY GOSH! I am so so so super happy for you!!!!!
Post a Comment