Christmas was fun this year. It's fun most years. I enjoy spending Christmas with my family.
I wouldn't say that we do anything super spectacular...we have a few traditions.
Christmas Eve we go and have dinner with my parents. We always eat clam chowder, oyster stew, and sometimes we have shrimp cocktail (we did this year) and it is all so super delicious! This year I made a cheese ball that my mom would usually make for either Christmas Eve or New Years. My younger brother and his family were there, and he was so glad I made it! I guess it is one of his favorite things. :)
It is a meal that I have had my whole life growing up! We always had it, and the few times my mom tried to change the tradition...most of us told her that we had to have what we always did! (I was one of those!) :)
We always buy pajamas for our kids to open on Christmas Eve. I just think that's fun. Then, Christmas morning, we open presents. Our kids usually get their own box of cereal that they never get otherwise (This year it was Lucky Charms) and one gift from Santa and the rest are from Mom and Dad. We all take turns opening gifts and savor the moment. I have never been big on kids running in and paper flying like a crazy psycho show. I like to focus on gratitude and being grateful for what you've been given.
Then, since we usually spend Christmas Eve with my family, we spend Chrismas day with Shane's family. It is usually boistrous and loud and slightly chaotic, but we have a good time. :)
1 comment:
Your routine sounds like ours, except with a few more bodies. It sure is nice to visit with family during the holidays - something extra special!
Post a Comment