
I decided that since I had already written two posts that included my sister, I will dedicate this one COMPLETELY to her, because she is definitely a blessing in my life.
When I was younger, elementary school age, we didn't really get along all that well. There are 7 years difference in age between us, and when I was younger she pretty much took care of me a lot.
When my sister left for college, things had started to change, and we became really good friends. She started taking my brother and I to movies, she'd invite me to come spend the weekend, and there were times when I rode with her because she didn't want to drive alone. It was good. I have happy memories of that time.
My sister taught me a lot of things, and I realize that growing up, a lot of things that she liked, I liked because she liked them, and disliking things...same thing. I started playing the piano because she played the piano. I played the clarinet in middle school because she did. :) She HATES bananas, and apricot nectar, and while I never really HATED bananas, I've never really been able to stomach apricot nectar. She couldn't stand pink, and even though I was a girly girl when I was little, I decided I didn't like pink either. (I actually like pink now, but BLUE is so much better.)
Because there were just the two of us (with five brothers) we got to do a lot of things together. I went along with her when she went dress shopping for dances and pageants, and I helped quilt on a big quilt that her friend made her when she got married.
She has been such a blessing in my life, and we occasionally call each other and vent, or just cry, and laugh about things. I wished she lived closer so I could do things with her all the time, but we have fun anyway even from afar.
1 comment:
What a wonderful thing to have a sister to do things with! Sounds like you had a great time growing up with her.
Consider yourself (and I know you do) lucky; or better yet, BLESSED! I grew up with no brothers or sisters, just cousins, who, if they hadn't moved away, would be as close as sisters and brothers.
With my own children, I find it interesting, to say the least, that when they're in the same home growing up, they tend to always have some contention between them. But when they grow up, they're the best of friends.
It's a great payback for being a parent!
By the way, you're both cute!
Post a Comment