Well...back to reality!
I went back to work today. I was supposed to float, but one of my co-workers ended up calling in sick so I did autoclave today...which when there is no float is autoclave + all the work a float would do. YIKES!
It went really well, and I was amazed that my body handled it so well, until about 2 PM and then it was ready to call it quits. Too bad my shift didn't end til 5! It really wasn't all that bad. Just busy.
My ankles and toes are letting me know that they feel quite abused today though. I may have to start wearing special circulation socks and see if that helps at all. I've heard it does, so we'll see! It gets more and more tempting to buy some though, especially when I get home and feel like I have to hobble around.
2 comments:
Great to hear you're back at it! Tough first days get better, though.
Never tried the circulation socks. Are they stockings? Curious! I learned about them in CNA class a while back. Let me know, if you get them, how they work.
I am glad you are getting up and around again!
Post a Comment