Well, today is the first day I have worn jeans since the surgery. I purposely picked a pair that is too large for me (literally) but it has still been mildly painful, which isn't all that surprising. It's kind of like a mild form of recovering from having a c-section and trying to get back to normal again.
Initially I was going to go back to work tomorrow, but my doctor's note says I won't be ready for full-duty until Monday. I am glad for that! I know that when I had my pre-op the doctor told me that he's had people go back to work after THREE DAYS! They must be super woman! Or have a job where they can sit at a desk, because believe me, there is NO WAY I could have gone back to my job full-duty after three days.
Today was early out, and I think it must equal, children bickering incessently at each other...because that is all they are doing. I told Shane to go back to bed, since he dutifully went and picked up the kids from school at 12:50, which meant he got about 4 and a half hours of sleep.
I think my body is finally starting to realize that it can be normal again though, because Monday and Tuesday I wasn't tired during the day. Today, however, I crashed into bed after the kids went to school, which let me know that I'm still not back to 100%.
The bruises at the incision sites look more frightening every day, which is a good thing because it means they are healing. My belly button is currently a weird greenish color (like a bruise, remember? :) and one of the side incisions is a darker purple-green.
I always kind of wondered if people got bruises at the incision sites after having assisted on many gallbladder and appendix surgeries...and I am SURE that they do. Not that we are mean or anything, the body is delicate and when you have an instrument pressing on an area, it is bound to bruise! :)
I am interested to go to my post-op appointment though, so I can FINALLY see the pictures of my surgery. All I have is Shane's account of it, which is nice and all, but I need to see them myself! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment