So, recovering from this surgery has been a little more difficult than I originally anticipated. Hopefully I am on the upswing though. I have raised it from the 1-2 level to the 3-5 level. ;)
Thinking about the surgery has made me wonder though, because they gave me versed in the hallway when I was on the gurney, or as they like to call it "happy juice", and remember NOTHING about the operating room or anything, and it makes me wonder if that's what it's like for most people.
When I'm working in the operating room it always seems like the patient is fairly with it. I mean, their eyes are open, they move to the operating bed like you tell them to, and they "appear" awake. They respond to questions you ask them. Sometimes they even ask me questions.
Now it makes me wonder if they are all loopy on versed! I will have to ask one of the anesthesiologists that I work with. I know that they don't usually give c-section patients versed because they like to have them remember their baby being born.
Anyway, it does make me wonder!
3 comments:
both times i had surgery on my arm and when i had my gallbladder out, i can remember being in the operating room and having them ask me questions, etc. so maybe thats just your reaction to the meds.
I have no idea what they gave me when I had my D and C, but I remember being in the room and the nurse telling me, "You probably won't even remember talking to me." but I do... It's all a little blurry now because it's been 4 years, but I remember up until the guy said, "Okay, I am going to put you under now." and within a few seconds I was out.
I guess I should have clarified a little and said that this is the FIRST surgery I've ever had where I didn't remember anything at all about the O R. I remember the hallway, and that's it!
There've even been surgeries where I remember people talking to each other. This time, it's like one black hole of time that is permanently blocked from my brain.
Post a Comment