Friday, October 29, 2010

Fuzzy

I feel a little fuzzy this morning so, if this post doesn't make much sense, that is why. :)

I had surgery yesterday. It was SO hard to be tight lipped about, but I didn't want to write about it until it actually happened.

My new ob/gyn doc did the surgery. He is a great doctor. I should have started going to him a LONG time ago.

Anyway, here is the short version of what I was "told" he found. I will have a follow-up appointment later where I am lucid and actually remember what he tells me. This is info I got from Shane, and I was impressed with how well he remembered what Dr. Arrington told him. Of course, we've been married long enough that Shane knows I liked the "recorded" version, meaning word for word what did they say... :)

He removed the pedunculated cyst on the left side of my uterus. It was "easy" to remove. The left ovary was stuck to the uterus so he released it. I had a lot of endometriosis and he removed the adhesions (or, in layman's terms, the parts that are sticking together aren't sticking together anymore). There was a fairly large cyst on one of my ovaries that he also removed. Then he flushed blue dye through my fallopian tubes to make sure they weren't blocked.

He told Shane that it is possible that our chances for getting pregnant may be incresed, but it's not a 100% guarantee. Still, I am glad I had the procedure done, because I felt good about having it done in the first place and it's nice to know that I'm not crazy or a bad person, and that there really were physical things that were preventing more kids.

I don't know if we will have more kids, but at least it prevented a hysterectomy for a while longer. I will eventually have to have one, I know, because of the endometriosis (which I actually didn't even know I had) and because of all the fibroids on the outside of my uterus. Yay me.

Still, the pain isn't near as bad as I wondered if it would be. Compared to a c-section (which seems to be my comparison for pain) this is like a 1-2.

4 comments:

Marsha said...

I am glad the surgery went well, and I hope it helps you achieve your dreams. Heal fast and we will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Debra said...

Does not sound like fun... I hope you recover quickly!

Patty B. said...

I'm glad you're doing well. Yay on the successful surgery. Good doctors are great to have!

Margaret said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well and hope your recovery is fast!