So, Monday I had an appointment with a different OB/GYN than I have been going to for the past...4 years? It was time. It was getting to where I didn't really trust anything my doc told me, and didn't want to do anything he told me. So, really, if you can't trust your doctor, you should go to a different one, right?
I was impressed. We discussed my PCOS. He went over my history and told me some things that while I had an idea about, hadn't been gone over very thoroughly before. He wants me to get my blood tested to see if I'm insulin resistant (to see if I even NEED to be on glucophage). Wonderful idea right?
This guy is definitely on the ball. He is the type of doctor that when you read those articles on the internet "things your doctor should be asking you" well, he asked all of them.
I had already decided that I wanted to have one of my larger fibroids surgically removed (the pedunculated cyst) which he agreed should be minimally invasive and have a fairly short recovery time, and he was more than willing to agree to that. There was no pressure. There wasn't a...well, do you want surgery or not feeling, it was all my decision.
All he asked me was, "So, do you have any questions?"
He is definitely a sit down and talk it out doctor. He sat and talked to me about all the medical things going on in my body for about 20-30 minutes, and I did not feel rushed or feel like he was itching to leave. It was very good.
The only downside was the wait time to get into the office. I was there early like they told me to be, and I waited about an hour before I saw the doctor. Granted, it was a first visit so that probably had something to do with it.
I can put up with that in order to go to a great doctor. :)
4 comments:
how is the doctor?
So, who did you finally decide to go see?
His name is Jeffrey Arrington and he practices in Ogden.
I am glad that someone can finally say something good about a doctor. We get a little discouraged. I am glad that you found a good match.
Post a Comment