Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wonderful

Saturday was a good day. Last year at Christmas my parents had given us cards telling us that they were going to take us to dinner twice this year for our Christmas and birthday present.

Yesterday was the second dinner. They had decided to make reservations at the Lion House in Salt Lake City. Once I found that out I was excited because the last time we had eaten there was for my sister's wedding.

As I started thinking about it, I told Shane, HEY! we could go to a session at the Salt Lake temple. Wouldn't that be great! So, we made plans to go, and then started reading the news about protests that we going on, and I began to wonder what we were going to experience when we got to Salt Lake City.

Well...nothing! It was peacefully quiet. An amazing feeling just settled over me as we walked onto temple square and then into the temple itself. It was a very enjoyable experience that was topped off by a pleasant dinner with my mom and dad, brothers, and sister (and spouses).

It was wonderful! :)

No comments: