So, today one of my co-workers informed me I was a "plain Jane." They weren't doing this to be rude. At least, I didn't take it that way. They used it to try and convince me that I should get my hair dyed/highlighted.
I have never had my hair dyed or highlighted, and I can't say that I've ever had the desire. (Still don't.)
It was kind of funny though...my co-worker replied with "You don't want to be a plain Jane your whole life do ya?"
Why yes my dear, I do. Plain Jane and proud of it. :)
On top of which, there are two very BIG reasons I have for not getting my hair dyed.
1. I like my hair the way it is. I like the color it is. Why change a good thing?
2. My husband feels the same way. :)
Nuff said.
3 comments:
I've only had my hair highlighted twice: once in 2001 when Josh and I were separated and I wanted to feel better about myself and once this summer, for pretty much the same reason. I can't understand why people spend so much money on dyeing their hair, and then once they get it done, they have to keep doing it every 6-8 weeks because then the roots start showing. Definitely an expensive habit I don't need. There's another positive thing about NOT doing--saving yourself some moolah!! :) Plain Jane is definitely a great trait--I'm the same way!!!
i've never dyed my hair either! i figure its an expensive habit that i cant afford. i do, however, plan to start once i start going gray. i am in total denial about getting old (i still claim to be 25) and having gray hair would NOT work well with that! i might have a to get a job to be able to afford it though!!
A few years ago, I hit that age where I felt younger than my hair was showing. I wasn't ready to be "old." I tried the salon trip, but couldn't swallow the cost. So Walmart helped out with the cheap stuff (around $7 every 6 weeks). I tried it (with my grown girls' help) and have kept it up ever since. For me, it's worth the few dollars and time (for now).
I realize that some day, not too far off, I'll let it all grow out and be grey! By then, I'll move slower, think slower, and be ready to be "old." At least, old enough to live with grey hair.
I think it's great you're a plain Jane. I love being rather plain, except for the hair!
Don't change a thing! Be your happy self!
Post a Comment