Saturday, August 28, 2010

Update

So, things have been going pretty good. It was a CRAZY week! At least it was for me! Tuesday was my day off and I went to the elementary school to get Harrison re-enrolled in school.

They closed an elementary school last spring, and as a result realigned the school boundaries so our kids go to a different school now. Anyway, since Harrison was homeschooled last year, I had called in the spring and told his principal that he would be coming back in the fall. Well...not only did the schools get re-assigned, the principal did too, so, Harrison got lost in the paperwork shuffle.

This was a good thing though because it gave me an opportunity to talk to the principle at the new school and make sure that Harrison got put in the class he needed to be in with a teacher that would be willing to work with him.

I am looking forward to this school year. I think it will be a better environment than the last school, and I think the teacher he has will be PERFECT for what he needs.

We have also been busy trying to fill out paperwork to have him start meeting with a new therapist that specializes in childhood problems. So, I think that will be a good thing. It will get us on track and trying different things to see how we can help Harrison the most. I feel REALLY good about it.

So, we will see what happens! Monday is the big day!

4 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I love good news! Good luck!!!

DaNise said...

Good Luck this school year. I hope things go well.

darcymae said...

if you dont mind my asking, what "childhood problems" are you guys dealing with?

Patty B. said...

Ah, the start of school! Always an adventure!